Letter To Your Neighbor Regarding Their Barking Dog

Many of us have been faced with the dilemma of a neighbor’s barking dog and how we are to get the dog to stop barking. Solutions range from the extreme of calling law enforcement to the more personal conversation with your neighbor. Either way, the thought of having to deal with such an unpleasant situation is enough to make you sick from stress. How do you like that? You get stressed over having to stop your neighbor’s dog from barking. Knowing that many people have to deal with this problem, much like I did, I thought it would be helpful if I shared a letter that I wrote to my neighbor. Hopefully you can cut and paste this into a word document and make some minor tweaks that better fit your personality. Here is the letter for your use


Dear Neighbor,


As I’m sure you are unaware, your dog has been barking throughout the day while you’ve been at work. I try to calm him down by talking through the fence to him. Unfortunately, this only seems to aggravate him more. I wish there was something I could do that would get him to stop barking. Since I work odd hours, I’m normally home during the day and need to get rest. I’m not sure if you would consider a bark collar or not but we need to find a solution to the barking.


I’ve had friends who have called law enforcement on their neighbors before informing them of the barking problem first. I am the type of person that would like to resolve the issue between us before ever having to consider that option.


I think a bark collar or a Bark Free Ultrasonic device would be two great solutions. My cousin uses the bark collar on his Labrador and the collar has worked wonderfully. He tells me Disco, the dog, has been completely trained not to bark throughout the day with his collar on. Of course the bark collar might not be your first solution so I’ve also included the option of the Bark Free device. You simply put batteries in the device and it sends a high pitched sound once a dog starts barking. It will take a few days to train your dog to understand that the ultrasonic sound is being created because of his barking. However, once your dog learns that he is causing this high pitched noise (only a dog can hear), he will be trained to stop barking.


You’ve been a great neighbor and I’m hopeful that my two solutions to the barking problem will be something that you will embrace. Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you. I look forward to many peaceful day ahead.


Thank you,


Your Neighbor

0 comments:

Post a Comment